Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Faculty Concert at CCMC week1

The faculty at camp put on a great show last night. There was much variety in style, and as the resident bass teacher, I was asked to play quite a few numbers. Each teacher was loosely assigned to a group of other teachers, and allowed to present two numbers for a maximum of 10 minutes for each teacher. I was so fortunate to not only accompany others, but to present own two pieces. I chose to perform "Out of Nowhere" for solo bass, and "Accentuate the Positive", with me singing and playing bass, joined by Tony Marcus. Connie Doolan's set was last, and she was joined by the fabulous Julian Smedley on violin and viola, the amazing Mike Wollenberg on guitar, and me on bass. I am so lucky to be able to play music with these wonderful musicians.

No comments: