Friday, May 9, 2014

Divertimento Ensemble Plays at the Piedmont Center for the Arts TONIGHT!

I am so looking forward to tonight's concert. Our octet has been rehearsing for months, and the program is interesting and varied. I have wanted to perform the Dvorak String Quintet in G for many years, and happily it is on the program! I am so fortunate to be able to work with such fine musicians as the Golds, Paul Rhodes, Larry Levin, Cyrille Perry, and Janis Lieberman. We are also performing a piece written for us by the local composer Aaron Blumenfeld and one movement of the octet by Otokar Zich, as well as a fast and furious piece for string quintet and bassoon by Heitor Villa-Lobos.
I am practicing my parts today, as well as practicing how to use my mini DVR camera, as I hope to get a good recording of tonight's concert.
There will be cookies, too!

No comments: